The purpose of this page is to record my progress on the various book challenges I have entered during 2009. Books listed on this page are the ones I have completed. To read the review of the book, click on the title.
(The challenges not on this page are the Library Challenge, The Read and Review Challenge and the 100+ Books Challenge. The progress on those challenges can be found under the 2009 Book List page.)
Books About Food: Six books (Nov ’08 to April 31, 2009)
- Garlic and Sapphire: The Secret Life of a Critic in Disguise by Ruth Reichl
- American Pie: Slices of Life (and pie) from America’s Back Roads by Pascale Le Draoulec
- Comfort Me With Apples by Ruth Reichl
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver
Decades ’09 Challenge: Nine Books from Nine Consecutive Decades (Jan to Dec)
1. The Railway Children by E. Nesbit (1900’s)
2. I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou (1960s)
Christian Readers Challenge 2009: Four books between January 1 and April 30, 2009
Romance Reading Challenge 2009: Five books (Jan to Dec)
- Plain Perfect by Beth Wiseman
- Up Close and Dangerous by Linda Howard
- Montana Creeds-Logan by Linda Lael Miller
Childhood Favourites Challenge: Eleven books (Dec 21 to June 21, 2009)
- Make Way For Ducklings by Robert McCloskey (1/13)
- Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey
- The Railway Children by Edith Nesbit
- Homer Price by Robert McCloskey
Casual Classics 2009: Four books (Jan to Dec)
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
Agatha Christie Reading Challenge: This is an on-going challenge to read all of Christie’s works in order of publication. My goal for 2009 is to read the nine she published during the 1920’s.
Contemporary Romance Challenge: Read one contemporary romance per month through 2009.